Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year, New Start

So Weight Watchers is working for me. But I continue to struggle with getting out and exercising. I tend to use the excuse of the temperature here in Vermont, but I know that it's a horrible excuse.

Here is why it is a horrible excuse:
  1. I can go to the gym at work for free.
  2. There are 2 indoor tracks at work
  3. I own a Nintendo Wii (with Wii Fit and Your Shape)
  4. I recently bought an XBox 360 with Kinect
So I clearly have zero excuse not to get some exercise in. Yet here I sit counting down the minutes until work is over...Today's current excuse...I have no gym clothes at work. Knowing this I should go home and take some time to use my Kinect and get a workout in before dinner. But I seem to get into a slump and decide that I'm ready to relax when I get home.

So the other thought that comes to my mind is why not actually get out of bed at 5:30 when I automatically wake up and exercise then?! I know that I don't fall back to sleep between then and when I get up at 6:30...instead I usually roll over and over and over...exercise right? Wrong.

So I am setting some small goals to achieve. First being that when I get home tonight that I change into my gym clothes instead of my PJ's. I also will move my alarm clock (which happens to be my cell phone) away from the night table and instead to the bookcase at the end of the bed. That way I need to actually get up when the alarm goes off. Which means I need to make sure my gym clothes end up in an easy to relocate place so I can get up and work out in the morning...I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment